Wednesday 24 April 2013

TAIPEI DIARY -- Day 3, Zhongshan Metro Mall, DanShui / Yu Ren Ma Tou, Shilin Night Market

HEY YALL
Today,i'm not just going to blog just about my taipei trip but also important decisions made during the trip. I feel that I want to let everyone know about this (i know there are people reading) cause i just dont want to hide it anymore. I shall write it at the end of the blog post though.

Important shitz aside, day 3 was one of the most enjoyable days of the trip LOL. Aiya its taipei which part of it can be boring?





The fake collar is seriously annoying LOL i gave up after wearing it for like 30minutes cause my pullover keeps revealing my shoulder so its damn obvious i'm not wearing a full shirt inside OH WELL.but i really like it leh i should get a more proper one soon.


Lunch at Pasta Panda HAHA.its located super near to jiantan station. If you walk towards star beauty hotel you'll already see Pasta Panda.
Their pasta looks damn crazily yummy right? Cost only like NT$75 i think which is SGD $3, with free flow drinks and ONLY jaychou music playing in the restaurant.
It's like a perfect place for studying la?why am i no longer in the IB HAHA.

BUT SORRY TO DISAPPOINT YOU pictures are deceiving.its the worst spaghetti i've eaten in my whole life. I was complaining about how bad mine was but when i tried weichyi's it was totally inedible HAHA.
Oh man if only they served better pasta the place is really quite nice lor.


Next up was ZhongShan Metro Mall (red line) which connects all the way to the Taipei Main Station's Metro Mall (red/blue line). Its basically an underground area with quite a many shops that leads you from one station to another! And if you explore further i heard you can get yourself to ximen's metro mall and stuff.





Crazily cheap shoes that are DAMN FREAKINGLY PRETTY?
I got 2 pairs of them at NT $200 (approx $8.50 SGD) each?
WTF.like really WTF cause the shoes were damn freakingly pretty i loved them so much! I would have gotten many many other pairs of them but i just got 5 pairs of shoes 3 weeks back so uh i dont think there's any space left oh well :/



Doggy clothing at NT $290 (SGD $12) and the selection is so wide! I dont think i've ever seen this in singapore its damn freaking cute!


forever hungry ho


I think these are lockers for shoppers? or at least i hope it is lol.why do they have lockers at the metro mall i think its pretty weird cause singapore doesnt have this but its seriously SO DAMN CONVENIENT.

I definitely know how it feels to carry a shit load of stuff when i'm out, not because i bring them out of the house, but because i buy them when i'm out. So its actually damn troublesome and i end up carrying things until my arms hurt!? or Eg when i go to school last time with a laptop and after school i want to go out to shop or go for a movie i have to carry that damn laptop everywhere i go and its so annoying and this locker shit is damn awesome?



Headed over to starbucks when we reached Taipei Main Station's metro mall cause i was dying of thirst LOL.




The largest cup of mocha ice blend cost only around SGD $4+ omg why is everything cheaper over there i hate singapore


Their really really damn mini arcade at taipei main station's metro mall but is so much cheaper than singapore's arcade.
its just NT $10 for 1 game of basketball...like $0.40 SGD?please tell me where the hell to find $0.40 SGD arcade in singapore nowadays lol.


We decided to compete and see who's better at basketball and so we made a bet on dinner!
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT I WON HIM HAHAHA.
as i've said before i should be the one in the kuo chuan basketball team last time instead of him please.hahahaha.i'm joking,I KNOW LA ITS DIFF FROM THE REAL SHIT OK.

Very terribly taken photo but whatever i just want to show my score there you see 212 LOL



That's his noob score hahahaa

Honestly speaking, i think that their metro malls are really quite boring leh. I heard from other websites that its a nice place for shopping but their clothes are grandma style :( I think there was only one acceptable shoe shop and the rest of the shops just sell a hell lot of books, random food that doesn't seem appetizing?its really not my kind of place.
but really wtf their metro mall is damn huge and there are TOO MANY shops LOL.i really wish singapore had something like that.

I kinda regretted making the trip over there cause we could have been visiting other places instead but oh well thank god we only spent 2 hrs here before we left off for danshui's Yu Ren Ma Tou!

DIRECTIONS:
Danshui is the last stop on the red line as you can see. From Taipei Main Station to Danshui would take around 30+minutes i think and it costs around NT$50 (SGD $2). But when you go to the Danshui line to take the train to Danshui,PLEASE PLEASE check where the train terminates at lol.
We actually took the train all the way to Beitou and then it went to Xinbeitou and it looped back towards taipei main station and we were sleeping so we overshot by quite a bit -_- kinda retarded.
I realized how taipei kinda operates in a similar way to singapore leh. This really reminds me of the circle line train towards bayfront/marina bay or the one towards dhoby ghaut! if you overshot you'll end up looping back towards harbourfront!



Danshui is really a place worth a visit and you'll see why! Yu ren ma tou is damn beautiful and this place has an awesome buffet place as well.

Ice cream green tea from koi that costs only NT$30 i think, which is just SGD $1.15?omg.
Eh hello $1.15 SGD can only buy you those not-so-nice bubble tea in singapore.you can't even buy a lousy sweet talk bubble tea with $1.15.


MacDonalds that are 5 stories high? LOL.what the heck.but i realized that this is common in taipei leh.like their KFC also has a few floors as well.
at least you dont have to wait for seats like idiots every time during peak hours,like in singapore :(


UNIQLO,UNIQLO everywhere.we only visited around 7 places and at least 3-4 of them have huge ass UNIQLO outlets its pretty crazy.



One thing about taipei is that they're just always so organized leh. Look at these bikes wtf.they're so well aligned its pretty crazy.
Even when you are on the mrt platform, there's not 1 person out of the queue to get on the train.and when you're on the escalator, everyone stands on the right!

NO ONE EVER STANDS ON THE LEFT OF THE ESCALATOR like seriously. 5 days, not even 1person betrayed this rule. I really hate how in singapore there are these random inconsiderate fucking idiots who stand on the right then end up blocking everyone else who are in a hurry DURING PEAK HOURS.like hello you blind or what cannot see got people want to walk up ah!? this is especially so when i'm late for school or i dont know what la it annoys the hell out of me.


For all 3 days during the trip we were just having snacks and super improper meals and we decided we couldnt take it anymore and headed over to a restaurant for some buffet!

They really have different flavours of meat (fish,bacon,lamb,beef,chicken) you can order from the checklist which includes the mala flavour....shit i'm sorry i dont even know what they have actually.
The checklist was all in chinese and we both didn't even know how to read the words so we just told the waitress to order all that she recommends HAHA.but i think it was a good choice to ask them to choose for you anyway, cause they should know best!

I think this place is really really worth a visit cause the service is just so damn good and the food is damn good as well?the people actually cook the food for you if you can't do it yourself.







I really feel quite scared trying to cook it lol like sometimes the food just gets on fire and the flames are so huge :/ so weichyi was doing like 95% of the cooking haha


Chef ho did quite a decent job


As for seafood,they'll auto help you to cook it which includes like prawns and fish.

I really wanted to take pictures of the guy cooking the fish for us cause it was super professional. Like he used the thongs to peel the fish skin damn fucking fast, then he cut it horizontally into 2 pieces, then took out the bones from the fish all on the grill. It was so fast i think it took him only 2 minutes to do all of that. I would have taken probably like 15 minutes till the fish turns black. ITS IMPRESSIVE.

Where do you find such good services in singapore?nowhere i'm sorry to say so.

And its a buffet leh. You imagine if you order 100 of this fish he also has to cook it over and over again with all these steps LOL.



Ice cream and drinks were free flow as well!


The buffet cost around NT $500 (approx $20 SGD) per person and i think its really reasonable leh. I can't think of any other buffets that cost less than $20 in singapore that has such a wide variety of meat.
The only other one i can think of is seoul garden which is pretty lousy. They even put the meat there and its self service so its super unhygienic. As for this one you just have to tick it on the checklist and pass it to them and they'll give it to you already!

DIRECTIONS:If i didn't remember wrongly, the bus that leads you to yu ren ma tou from Danshui Station would be bus 26. We took that bus and it terminates at Yu Ren Ma Tou! It took around 15minutes to get there and the bus ride cost only NT$15 (approx $0.60 SGD).


This is the view at around 5.30pm. We were planning to catch the sunset and because the sun sets really early in their country 5.30pm was really just nice.



FREAKING AMAZING VIEW




Yu Ren Ma Tou/Fisherman's Wharf is the bridge behind me and its also known as the Lover's Bridge. Oh well at the point in time we were already no longer lovers lol (already revealing what i'm going to talk about at the end of the post).



I just really love the shot of the sunset :')




The sunset looks so pathetic now HAHAHA


The wind was too damn strong so this is one of the better photos taken of me.if not my hair would be flying all over my face can you imagine -_-










lol i look like those model-wanna-bes but it was really a candid shot :( i was thinking about life leh then he was so rude just took pictures of me LOL but i love this picture anyway









Trying to do the hair flip HAHAHA my face was damn fucking ugly.ugliest ever in any picture taken of me in history so ya for the first time i'm actually using an image to cover it.



this is my YAY TAIPEI picture LOL


I dont know how the photos he take of me end up so nice leh.i love them!



Failed self timer

We spent around 2 hrs loitering around danshui. Its actually damn dark and deserted even though it was like 5+ to 7+pm. We were just blasting music, singing and idk i was just emoing my life away haha. We didn't even know whether we were heading towards the right direction but we just kept walking. It was a really nice walk cause its just so cold there, with nice scenery, dark and quiet.

In singapore you want to find a place that is dark and quiet is already quite hard, nice scenery is almost impossible. Cold weather?unless you walk out when its raining lor but even if so its still hot LOL.

DIRECTIONS:We ended up heading back to JianTan station for more ShiLin adventures! I dont know how many times i've mentioned this during my taipei diary posts but just in case you want to go to taipei please go to jiantan station to visit shilin night market,its not at shilin mrt!



It was only around 9pm when we reached back to ShiLin night market so we decided to go for the massage he wanted :( I'm quite sure there's only 1 massage parlor in shilin night market so if you anyhow explore shilin you'll eventually find it LOL.

HAHAHA look at that "models the body on push the fat" i honestly don't know what they're trying to say with that.


We took the foot spa + foot reflexology for 30minutes + half body massage for 30minutes package and it cost NT$800 per person (approx $32 SGD).i dont know if this is considered as cheap or what cause its my very very first massage experience.


The foot spa...the least torturous part of the whole experience LOL

During the foot reflexology, i could at least squeeze weichyi's hand when it hurt too badly lol cause i wouldnt dare to scream out the pain i felt LOL.like really it hurt so badly it felt like he was about to bruise my legs,but i didn't want to tell the guy how badly it felt if not i'm afraid the massage wouldnt be effective or whatsoever -_-

Then comes the half body massage.IT WAS THE SCARIEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.they put this burning hot ass towel over my neck and just left it there. I was sweating out all the water i had left in my body through the whole 30minutes. Then he like idk put his whole weight on my back i couldnt breathe. I SERIOUSLY COULDNT.i thought i was going to die at some point i was like using my hands to grab on the mattress i was lying on,cause it just hurt that badly.
He just kept doing that over again and it was so painful when he pressed down once until my tears started flowing from my eyes omg.i can never forget that.i told him painful already he still put so much weight on me.

Then like he lifted my arm then twisted it behind OMG.then he cracked my neck in all directions, my back, my arm, my fingers it was just too scary.


After the massage i was just in a daze. I felt so damn weird everywhere and i felt like dying. Like i just got through an hour of pure torture. I'm not even kidding.
Weichyi thought that i was mad at him i dont even know why but i guess i dont look so serious usually LOL.but i wasn't doing it on purpose i was really in a daze. He said i was supposed to feel better from the massage, all loosened up or whatever but for the next few days my arms hurt so badly i couldnt even stretch them backwards. I don't know if i'll ever dare go for another massage leh.

People have all been telling me how good thai massage is but omg i dont know,i'm just so traumatized. Its like you're a rag doll for as long as the massage continues...

Anyway we got quite a lot of food that evening for er,i dont even know if its considered dinner or supper!
Fried omelette with oysters, beef handroll, 2 large bubble teas, spicy chicken burger and this fried mashed potato with ham and cheese.


Fried mash potato with ham and soaked with cheese tasted really yummy in my opinion because i'm a potato fan HAHA.it costs around NT$65 (approx SGD $2.50) and i think its really worth a try. Probably an 8/10 for me. We tabaoed it to the hotel so it wasn't warm anymore and the skin wasnt crispy but it still tasted as 8/10 i cant imagine it eaten while its fresh.it must be so good :'(

I think there's only 1 stall selling this in shilin and shilin is damn huge so good luck finding it haha.but they're quite popular and there was a queue so do look out for it!


This beef handroll thing that can be found at the basement of shilin night market wasnt very good in my opinion :/ costs around $3 SGD but we could have gotten better food with that amount of money


Spicy chicken burger that was really quite good! Costs around NT$89 (approx SGD $3+) too. I loved this one quite a lot until we actually had it the day after for dinner haha. Probably a 9.5/10 for me!
If only singapore had such cheap and yummy burgers around TSK.


Whenever i research on shilin night market, everyone says that its a must to try their fried omelette with oysters but this is really a fail to me. I've tasted much better ones in singapore! I cant remember how much this cost but really ah cannot make it :( i was so disappointed!


He said the burger looked like the shape of batman......HAHAHAHA SHIT WTF


My next post up would be on Day 4, which was the MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR shopping day at wu fen pu and karaoke in taipei!

Ok with all the fun details on the trip aside, i really don't feel that comfortable blogging about it for a reason. It's because we've already decided to break up during the trip lol and yet i'm still blogging about it.
Idk,i just really want to completely wipe him out of my memory after the trip so i know that i've completely moved on so its really weird that i'm blogging about our memories there?
But i really love taipei so so much and i still had quite a lot of fun there that's why i still want to blog about it :(

Sigh,and i know many people must be thinking like the two of us have been breaking up and patching back so many times for the past 3 years 9 months and the cycle would just keep going on but i'm really going to put an end to this already.

I realized how i'm really unhappy in this relationship and the way he treats me just isnt right. His friends get treated better or get treated the same way most of the time. And through the years i've just always been there for him, treating him the best as i possibly can and just giving in,to practically everything. Actually i've known this all along but i decided to close an eye,or rather close both my eyes so i could deceive myself to think that as long as i keep holding on and being overly happy at small little ordinary things done by a boyfriend,i can be happy.

I got tired, from trying too hard to restore the relationship we had to how it was during our first few months of dating. I really put in all that i've got to get it back but it didn't work out. And i know,i'm not an idiot,after the honeymoon period is over,things are never as sweet as they used to be but lol i was more like just a friend to him than a girlfriend. Is "i love you" really that hard to say? I didn't hear it for a year. Trust me, we had tons of long talks about this whole relationship problem and i'm not saying i'm the only one who put in the effort but he did as well. He tried to treat me like an actual girlfriend and i gave more than 10 chances already. No exaggeration.

On the 26th of Jan, i also told myself that i had enough so we broke up but after 2 weeks, on the 8th of Feb, he seemed sincere about wanting that one last chance. I gave it to him despite having moved on very VERY well cause i was just so much happier single cause i was afraid i'll end up regretting that decision. After a month, the problem just came back and i thought it was because of his army, his frustrations but it happened like every book out after a month of patching back. It's obviously damn frustrating for me as well cause i only get to see him for 1-2 days every week but yet he's acting like that. I booked the plane tickets, hotel, and researched every shit involved in the taipei trip. I went to exchange money, had a checklist for packing and paid for the air tickets on his behalf. He almost never gave any opinions on anything even though i asked him for his opinions.i dont know why i still went on with the trip.

When we both really couldnt take it and we wanted to break up, the trip was already booked and payment has been made so idk i guess i just tried to hold it all in and thought we'll just talk about it when the trip is over but no. I was over my limit already.
Sigh i guess he was a good boyfriend 30% of the time?idk maybe 25%?
But i strongly believe that if a person really truly loves another, they'll be willing to do anything and everything for them. They'll put in the effort. It shouldnt be this way. I guess we're really just not meant to be and he probably doesn't really love me. I hope he loves his next girlfriend and treats her properly. Maybe we were really just used to each other and enjoyed each others company? And maybe i put in too much effort to really let things go? and the last reason for me would probably be because i didn't want to be a bitch and leave him during his army days but things are really not working out.

I really had to blog about this because i'm sure that there will be people judging me from this last paragraph. It's quite hard to type it out in a nice way but i already have a special someone in my heart now. I mean like we've broken up and i'm single so its fine but i think everyone would judge me cause its too fast. I know it myself,it's too fast. But i'm willing to give it a shot cause this one special person is just different from the rest and i know it. I have never ever ever met anyone who's so damn similar to me. Not just in terms of personal interest, but all our view points, our thoughts, the shit we've gone through. Plus, he's like the NICEST person i know of i'm fucking serious. I'm not saying this cause i'm biased towards him but he's really damn nice to me and people around him. I feel comfortable around him and we've been talking as friends for quite some time so we know each other pretty well. I just know it now,that we can be perfect together. I've never said this for any other relationship or i would have been lying. It sounds pretty ridiculous but he makes me feel this way. So i just really beg for people not to judge me for the decision i'm making cause i just really want to be happy now. I'm truly extremely, EXTREMELY happy. It was a crazy choice but i think i'll never regret it. Idk what i'm supposed to say now lol a thank you in advance for not judging me? If you still want to judge me i would rather you go sit down with my ex for coffee and ask him what he has done for me during the course of this 3 year and 9mth relationship and tell me if i deserve to be anything but happy right now. I'm not a person who goes around bragging about how i deserve better but this time i really think i just deserve to be happy already. No more sadness and no more anger and i believe this special someone can do the job. That's one of the reasons why i'm not going to hold back but dive in. I'm just so certain that this is the right one. My very last special someone. CRLCZN << LOL.


7 comments:

  1. shuld blog bout your new special someone ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 2nd tt. Why u describe him w such amazing
      vocabulary what has he done to make u so happy do a bf post next n I think u don't need 2 post abt tw anymore it'll bing back bad memories?
      - interested reader -

      Delete
    2. hey second anonymous reader! i'm actually done uploading photos for my last taiwan post so i'm planning to just blog it and start blogging on my new amazing life with my "special someone".everyone would know why and how he's just so amazing and unlike any other.

      i really thought blogging about taiwan would bring back bad memories too and it'll affect my new relationship but it actually doesnt.i guess the previous relationship was really so bad there's nothing much to remember of it honestly speaking. thank you for reading my blog HAHA i'll be happy if you use your real name actually :)

      Delete
  2. hihi, thank you for providing the directions. Was kinda surprised that it is a breakup and not getting married (you mentioned in the dan shui post that you 2 werent lovers anymore. I kinda thought it is a wedding proposal surprise trip..hee). But i am also a stranger who have no idea what you have gone through in that rs, Nontheless, I am still happy for you that you have found someone who u r happy with =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello there haha.it would have been a disaster if it was to be a wedding proposal LOL.i'm really happy that i found the one for me too and thank you for reading :D

      Delete
  3. Hello Melody, May I ask where is the bbq restaurant you had for dinner? How do you go there and do you know its hanyu pin yin or English name? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!! Sorry i wish i could be of more help but i have no idea how to read the chinese words (the restaurant's name) the picture of it is on this blog post though! i think its something li something ye? After you find out how to read it do google for it's address and screen shot the map on your phone haha cause it's in super deserted alleys (there are so many of those) and it's almost impossible to guide you but it isn't more than 10 mins away from the danshui mrt! hope this helps :)

      Delete