Saturday 21 September 2013

Temp Work Experiences // Workmates

HEY GUYS
I have been so busy over the past 5 weeks (36 days) STRAIGHT and surviving with only 2 off days working as a mooncake promoter at takashimaya. I even had to teach on some mornings before work, do midnight shoots AFTER work (from 11pm to 3+am and have work the next day), filming in the morning or whatever. Even on my off days i was doing things related to my shop,just anything but relaxing :(

Even after work has ended i have been very busy both yesterday and today as i'll be flying off to bangkok in just 12 hours so i had to get lots of things done! I just finished filming a cover with Luna and you'll see it up on youtube real soon heh. It's probably my first time talking to a camera which makes me feel really weird and unnatural er. But i'm happy i managed to make a super boring song become more interesting with a few things that i added in LOL. You'll see.

Uniform for work at takashimaya!


I honestly hate how i am the only one who has to wear a cheongsum out of 70 booths at takashimaya like wtf the rest of them just wear polo tees and tie a pony tail ok. Even other people working at my booth under the same hotel don't wear cheongsum cause fortunately for them they cannot fit in it sigh. Firstly i had to tie a bun,which is so inconvenient cause my hair is so damn thick and it takes me ages just to do so. Secondly the cheongsum is too revealing especially when i sit down or squat down. I don't think i'll ever touch another cheongsum. And really i feel like i look so ridiculous walking around town with this uniform. Everyone stares at me like a mascot :( Everyone knows i'm working as a mooncake promoter LOL.



I actually had quite a lot of retarded experiences that i've had during work that i would like to share. (i cant remember who but someone requested for it!) I guess if you work under the service line you'll face the same shit at work,so think twice before applying for that job LOL.

1. It's seems to be a thrilling thing for kids to take more than one of the same sample as if i, standing RIGHT IN FRONT of them, is unable to see that.
2. Mothers who think they are oh so clever and have a taste bud like a flavour detector. They don't bother asking me what flavour of mooncake they are trying and just go on to insist the mooncake is red bean even though it's really just black sesame with green tea. They'll go on to tell their children or husbands that it is indeed red bean. I couldn't even be bothered to correct them since they are so confident with their conclusions LOL. Like okay,just go on and be a fool,not as if you're buying it anyway.
3. Foreigners who start asking me about the story of mooncake festival.google is there for a reason.
4. People who keep bargaining even though i am just a freaking promoter not the boss. Even when i tell them no they just go on insisting that they want discount or even THREATEN to go elsewhere to buy. I really wish i could say like "ok you can fuck off then" like really it doesn't affect me one bit to lose a customer anyway. Do i get commissions? no what then why do you think i care.
5. Rude people who just go on to say the mooncake is gross, disgusting or whatever and throw the toothpick on the floor.
6. Couples who start arguing in front of the booth and it gets very awkward that i'm just standing there.
7. This very gl girl who asked me for samples with crossed arms and her boyfriend who was already holding many things had to take the samples from me and feed that bitch. After i gave the mooncakes to her and letting her check before passing it to her, she wanted the boyfriend to check it again in front of the booth. (no idea what the hell is her problem)
8. Girl who goes on to pay for mooncakes and starts to complain that the carriers provided are too ugly and not presentable enough. Even goes on to talk about refunds just because of the damn carrier. Honestly it isn't even that ugly?!! AND IF you are so damn particular then why couldn't you check first wtf.
9. Couples who just have to feed each other in front of me or even like share the sample that's so damn tiny already. It's really quite gross to see them struggling to bite that tiny piece of mooncake into half and give it to the other party like wtf.omg i can't watch.
10. People who go on to ask me if the mooncake labelled as "green tea and black seasame" is separate when it's written on just 1 tag green tea "AND" black sesame. Firstly, english fail. Second, no common sense because if you look at the samples that are right behind the tag, they are both green AND black so do you really think GREEN tea and BLACK sesame are separate mooncakes?! OMG.
11. Girls who spit out the sample from their mouth on their hands and ask you for a tissue. LOL like you serious?you didn't even bother turning around before spitting it on your hand are you THAT GROSS?
12. The naggers. The woman who already told me she wants single yolk with white lotus paste. She had to tell me over and over again "must be the one with white lotus paste leh" like fuck can you just trust me to do this wtf those with yolks are all white lotus paste ONLY (no other mooncakes have yolks in them) so could you just shut up already?!
13. Irritating china woman who asked me for the price after discount and after i told her, she asked me to check again to see if it's right. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME WHY ASK OMG.

you see you see you see it's green tea AND black sesame just what is wrong with those customers. There are some who start to ask me what every flavour is even with the clearly printed tags pasted right in front of the samples like wtf.


Pranking workmates during work HAHA.


Oh ya and up till today, i've still been eating mooncakes. I eat around 3 mooncakes or more on average (usually snowskin or those baked skin with yolks) at work. Even when i'm on leave, i still eat mooncakes at home. Even after mooncake festival, i'm still eating mooncakes. It has been 39 days STRAIGHT of mooncake eating what the fuck. After a few days of doing so i was actually feeling really guilty and went online to check the calories for mooncake and a piece of snowskin is around 500 calories, while a piece of baked skin mooncake is around 1000+ calories WTF.but no that didn't it DIDN'T stop me from eating.
I think the nickname of gluttan (my surname is tan and i'm a glutton) that my boyfriend created suits me well.really.
I'm still thinking of having my oreo cheesecake mooncake given by CONRAD after i'm done with this post and have some 4 yolk baked skin white lotus paste from Shangrila ok. Gluttan94ever.

The really shiok green tea with raspberry rum truffle mooncake from Sheraton Towers. I actually ate till i got DAMN SICK of it but still went on to eat it and why?cause it's food.and i'm hungry all the time.
Oh,and i forgot to add how i actually volunteer to cut samples so i could eat them in the process of doing so.


Made new friends at work and one of them is a taiwanese girl named yoyo haha. She's really nice and she always brings me taiwanese snacks! I'm intending to go to taipei to look for her when she is done with her 1 year internship in Singapore and i'm already excited. Just 11 more months to go!

Pineapple cake/tart



As my parents went to bangkok last week,Ritche had to stay at my place all day long to take care of the dog while i'm at work. Woke up at 8am that morning to cook him a pathetic breakfast lol.
Instant noodles with poached eggs with cheese!


Made him a very failed milo i was so disappointed with myself


Also dyed his hair on one of the mornings before work and kind of dyed mine as well cause there was a lot of leftover HAHAHA and then i had to rush like crazy to work wtf.


Only helped him bleach the ends and after awhile move on to bleach a lil bit closer to the roots before dyeing his hair for the gradient effect. Don't know what's with me and loving the gradient effect on hair.



 Had to do all the household chores before work like cleaning ginger's shit, bathing her, vacuuming the floor, mopping and all before heading to work it's crazy.



Last day of work with these peeps and we just had to have photos taken for memory's sake. It was indeed a lot of fun even though it was just a short period of time. Don't usually have fun at work but they made it possible somehow.




Picture from thursday. I really REALLy just wanted to test out the quality of taking a selfie pic using my phone's back camera but ended up with a shot i really like.i don't know why i'm making an excuse for taking too many selfies. HAHAHA.


Photos taken today before the shoot!



More photos taken from my monthsary date with love on thursday would be uploaded after my bangkok posts when i'm back! hehe OMG i am indeed so damn excited.my first ever real trip with ritche and i'm going to buy a whole lot of clothes.even intending to get guy clothing in for the next launch! JUST 12 HOURS TO THE FLIGHT OMG and i havent started packing btw.
i'm off to have mooncake (again) hehe till next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment