Tuesday 11 August 2015

AD: Headlines Hairdressing // Going Ash Brown

Hey guys!

Recently i was contacted by Headlines Hairdressing for a sponsorship!
And i've been eyeing to do the ash brown tone for the longest time so i sent Charles,
the artistic director of Headlines Hairdressing the pic of the colour i wanted to achieve. 
I can't be happier with the outcome!! 

I recently did a shoot with this hairdo as well, will be posting up the photos real soon :)
The shoot was fairly successful other than the fact that the weather has been crazy the entire week,
it wouldn't stop raining, but well you'll be able to see the hair colour in different lighting conditions!!







I initially wanted a lighter tone but thank goodness i didn't go for it if not i might have an awkward black eyebrow crisis LOL


Here's a before hair colour photo ~


I went to their salon located near Raffles Place MRT / Chinatown MRT
Here's their address: 18 Cross St, S(048423), China Square Central #01-15!




If you would like to set an appointment you could call them at 6221 6866 or call Charles at 9025 1218!!



To be honest it was my first time colouring my hair at the salon and i was pretty nervous LOL
And the process was expected to be over 2 hrs so i thought i'll be really bored and all
but thank goodness Charles was really friendly so time passed so much faster than i thought!!

Well i think most of you who have been reading my blog would know that i have been bleaching and colouring my own hair for the past 3 years!
Usually i just get my friends to help out or my ex would be doing the whole process for me.
I don't actually think it's possible to bleach my hair evenly on my own.
Though i trust them but they don't have experience in such things LOL so i'll have to keep checking whether my hair
is turning out to be a disaster during the whole process.
Then there are actually times in which they'll be the ones panicking cause they might/might not have screwed up my hair HAHAHA and i'll end up panicking as well
Not to forget all the moments when they accidentally get bleach on my face, my ear, my neck and my clothes LOL
plus the whole cleaning up process omg

I've actually done my friend's hair before, Marissa, like i bleached it for her and it turned out to be a disaster (i'm sorry mar)
I didn't realize how important it was to get a consistent bleaching done up till i screwed up her hair HAHAHA
you must really go streak by streak and it's not the same as the hair dyeing process
It could actually turn out UNEVEN which was what happened

Charles has been in the business for over 15 years, you can say he's been in this all his life so wa
for the first time i didn't have to worry about a thing through the whole process hahaha (my hair is in good hands!!!)
I was watching him pretty much through the entire thing and questioning how he gathers all the patience to bleach my hair bit by bit over and over again


And not forgetting service at it's best, i was served hot tea and handed the latest magazines haha


Would want ash grey hairrrrrrrrrrrrr but i can't do it at the current moment cause of my job but one day i'll definitely get it done!


Heating machine??? I have no idea what this is called but all i know is that after bleaching your hair it's good to apply heat on it
I can't really do that at home when i diy-ed my own hair cause it'll just leave a mess using the hairdryer to be honest lol


Doubling the speed with 2 hairdressers drying my hairrrrrrr


And then doubling up the speed with 2 hairdressers bleaching my hairrrrrrrrr


They had to do a second bleach, because as mentioned before, about 10 months back i had red hair.
Though the colour faded off, when my hair was bleached, the red pigments resurface :(
And it's hard to do other hair colours when there's red pigments in my hair!!
For a moment i thought i wouldn't be able to achieve the colour i wanted anymore lol

To be honest i think i caused a lot of trouble to Charles aiyo he even had to use some treatment stuff to get rid of the red pigments as much as possible


I reached the salon at 4.30pm that afternoon, and i thought we'd be done by about 7pm (it's only meant to take 2 over hrs).
But cause of my red hair issue all of them had to OT
PLUS still get me my dinner :/
Speaking of guiltttttttttt



After bleaching my hair for the second time, then washing my hair, then colouring it, then washing again,
it was already 9.30pm LOL
I'm sorry everyone who works at Headlines Hairdressing i love you allllll



Look for Charles when you visit their salon and quote <Melody> to get a 10~30% discount off regular priced hair services when you visit Headlines Hairdressing!

Like their facebook page
View their Website www.headlines.com.sg
Visit them at 18 Cross St #01-15 China Square Central S(048423) // 6221 6866
Hair Stylist: Charles Tan

Thank you for your patience Charles and the Headlines Hairdressing team!!

Will be sharing the photos from the recent shoot real soon~ 

1 comment:

  1. wow awesome i like you blog. your post are on very interesting points. specially travelling base post are awesome thanks for shearing.
    long stay parking Stansted

    ReplyDelete